My wonderful, wonderful fans and patrons, THANK YOU so much.
One year ago today, Aug. 1, 2018, I launched my Patreon page. Over the past year, my patrons have helped make it possible for me do so many amazing things, including…
- Monthly beer review videos, featuring me, an awesome craft beer, and even better, my wife, Master Crafter Jodie
- Monthly behind-the-scenes looks at my stories and the world of the Rucksack Universe, as well as peeks behind the curtain of the ins, outs, ups, and downs of being a full-time writer
- On Oct. 19, 2018, I released Wander, the fifth book in my ongoing Rucksack Universe series. It’s my favorite so far 🙂
- In November 2018, I released an e-book box set of the current 5 Rucksack Universe books.
- In February 2019, we hit our first patron goal. For that goal, I wrote and published a short story, “The Things She Made,” and I released it to patrons on Apr. 26, 2019. Patrons got first access to it, and now that story is available worldwide.
- In April 2019, I began The Great Short Story Challenge. I’m writing a short story every week, and as of writing this I’m 16 for 16.
- In June 2019, the manuscript for the next Rucksack Universe book, Cloud Fortress, went off to my copy editor. And today he sent it back for my review!)
- In July 2019, from 4 of those Great Challenge stories, patrons and other fans recently chose one, “The Wedding Chapel’s Bartender,” that I’ll be publishing directly to you. That story’s now with my amazing copy editor. I’ll let you know as soon as I can when I’ll be releasing the story.
Over the next few weeks, I’ll be talking about how important Patreon is to my career, sharing some special stories, making a new commitment to my patrons, talking up a special offer for folks coming on board as patrons, and a lot more.
My patrons mean the world to me. Thank you for helping me do so much more in my fiction and non-fiction over the past year. I can’t wait to see where we are come Aug. 1, 2020.